Monday, September 26, 2011

Summer cooking update

What did I cook this summer? Nothing. It's been mainly tomatoes cut up with some olive oil and basil, grilled zucchini slices that I brush with a mixture of olive oil, salt, dried herbs and tomato paste, and roasted eggplant slices that make my mouth itchy (ugh, allergies). The few things I have managed to make this summer:

Sopes after I had to make refried beans from my over-pressure-cooked pot of black beans topped with shredded chicken breast with achiote


Turkey tacos because I wanted to try out the new Rick Bayless frontera grill skillet sauces. I used my mini muffin tray turned upside down to hold these


Cherry brown butter tart because we had an over abundance of cherries after we went cherry picking in Jersey. Not a huge fan of this actually


Roasted carrots that I decided I had to make after I had the roasted carrot and avocado salad at ABC Kitchen


Peach crumble a la Orangette because our peaches were going to go bad. I later made this with plums. With plums it's better.


Speculoos ice cream with speculoos cookies I brought over from Paris. Might try this using the spread next time since letting the cooking dissolve in the ice cream base liquid made it a little grainy


Kimchi pancakes although I didn't notice that the kimchi had MSG in it (boo!)


Soba noodles with zucchini which is a great summer dish. Actually, soba with anything is a great summer dish. Even plain soba.


Spaghetti with spinach pesto, Parmesan and pine nuts


Slow-roasted tomatoes which I then packed in olive oil for later use. These are getting ready to go in the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment