Monday, September 27, 2010

Donnez-moi du chocolat

I figured I'd give in to my chocolate cravings as of late. Sometimes when I'm sitting around in my apartment, I just want something sweet. I figured it might as well be chocolate since I like it so much. I would usually go pick up some at a chocolate store. Other than Maison du Chocolate, I've also hit up Patrick Roger who has ridiculous orangettes, Jacques Genin (but I only had caramels), and Pierre Marcolini where I was under-whelmed by the chocolate-covered marshmallows (I much prefer the petit herisson they sell in the supermarket). Still on my list are Jean-Paul Hevin, maybe Michel Cluizel (but I've had his before), Debauve & Gallet and Le Fouquet (I really have no excuse, there are two stores within a two block radius of my work).

But I didn't want to go anywhere so I went down the street to L'Atelier du Chocolate which, while it isn't the best best, its not bad at all. They sell huge slabs of chocolate and can break off pieces for you, or you can get one of their "bouquets", or an assortment of the chocolate slabs, among other things. I get a piece of noir framboise, noir orange and some espresso flavored coffee-bean shaped dark chocolate. The noir orange was gone quite fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment