Thursday, January 13, 2011

Favorite NYC bites while on vacation

NYC was, as always, colder than I ever expected but I suppose the constant sunshine makes up for it. Between the coldness, I stuffed myself silly with tacos, elotes, tostadas, agua de jamaica and tamarind popsicles in Mexico. And as much as I love the food down there, it's New York that's my favorite restaurant city. So here's a quick rundown of my favorite New York City bites this (last) time around.

Top bites (in no particular order):
1. Pretty much everything at Kin Shop, and specifically the steamed red snapper in green curry
2. Banana pudding from Buttercup Bake Shop which is less sweet than the Magnolia's one
3. Jalapeno cheddar pretzel from Sigmund Pretzel Shop stand at the Union Square Holiday Market
4. San Daniele prosciutto, Grana Padano and fig mostarda panini from Biba Wine Bar (this is a cheat as it's actually in Philly but I got to see my Parisian-wine-bar-during-summer partner BB!)
5. Hot apple cider from Breezy Hill Orchards in Union Square
6. Mo's dark chocolate bacon bar from Vosges Haut Chocolat
7. The (pricey) tequila and mezcal cocktails at Mayahuel  
8. Ridiculously fresh mozzarella, topped with a drizzle of olive oil at Eataly

Disappointments:
1. New menu at Dos Caminos - watery guac and a waitress that forgot 2/3 of our order
2. Brunch at Telepan - some stuff was good but overall it was meh, especially for the price

And here's some pretzel love. OMNOMNOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment