Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The days (evenings?) I like Paris

Summer in Paris is most definitely the best time of the year. I don't know why my coworkers keep complaing when its "hot" outside but I love it. And I don't feel the humidity which they claim exists (nothing compared to NYC). The best thing to do during the summer? Sit around at a restaurant or cafe and people watch. Lucky for me, summer means people go on vacation so less of a workload for me. Which translates directly to leaving earlier and being able to have dinner! Even more convenient if it's in my neighborhood, as was the case with Le Petit Marche.

Only steps away from Place des Vosges, this restaurant with outdoor seating serves simple food with clean flavors. And sometimes that (along with a nice bottle of chilled wine) is all you need. 

To start,  ME, SM and I shared some warm goat cheese wrapped in what seemed like phyllo (delicious and easily one of the tastiest savory things I've eaten in Paris) and gravlax spring rolls. 


SM and I both got the filet d'agneau with a basil rub, served with mashed potatoes and haricots verts on the side (he copied my order). It was the perfect portion size, tender and not gamey at all. I didn't try ME's dish but it looked really pretty - a sesame-crusted seared tuna napoleon.


For dessert, the three of us shared a passion fruit creme brulee (classically smooth) and a raspberry panna cotta (although I didn't really share).


A good, simple and reasonably priced dinner outside on a beautiful evening with great company. Sometimes, I'm reminded why I like Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment