Saturday, July 17, 2010

Higuma

On most days, Higuma has a line out the door. A Japanese restaurant on Rue Sainte Anne in an area overpopulated with them. How could I not try what is supposedly the best gyoza in all of Paris? This place has been reviewed numerous times (just type it into Google) and has been praised for having authentic Japanese cuisine. I don't know much about authentic Japanese cuisine, I just know what tastes good to me. Plus the menu seemed like a mix of Asian cuisine (notice kimchee in the background)


The gyoza, while strangely addicting (mmm, MSG perhaps?) was nothing special. Not anything to go back to. And they come in an odd-set of 7. So who gets the last one??? And then I essentially got a plate of sauteed bean sprouts in one of those thick murky white sauces. 


For some reason I thought I ordered noodles (on a side note, ramen is spelled lamen in these parts) with sauteed veggies but I kept digging and digging but no noodles to be found. Strange. I actually much preferred the udon across the street at Kunitoraya that I had a few month ago

To be fair, the prices are cheap and when walking out I did see a girl eating some katsu that looked really good but I don't think I'll be coming here again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment