Saturday, February 20, 2010

Juveniles

I like wine bars. I like wine bars a lot. There's something about the ability to get a glass (or bottle) or wine and have a few appetizers / snacks thats just so appealing. In New York I use to go to Las Ramblas with JP (although we tended to drink 2 pitchers of sangria and get 5 - 6 tapas and make an entire dinner out of it...). I wanted to go to Le Garde Robe but when I got there it was closed. So I wandered over to Juveniles, my second time there. It's a wine bar that specializes in Australian wines (although the owner is Scottish I think?). So between having 3 different wines (not that I remember what they were but they were a white, a rose and a red from Lebanon), I got this:


I hadn't eaten all day so I was starving. This was a "crostini" with a jambon cru (cured ham), tomato (underneath the ham) and a garlicky-Parmesan-I-don't-know-what-that-green-stuff-is-but-its-damn-good pesto-type sauce on a baguette. Totally hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment